Thursday, November 20, 2008

11/20/2008

Alright, Well As I'm looking at the requirements for blogs, I have come to the conclusion: I"M SCREWED. I don't believe i have nearly enough of anything yet, and So little time to complete it. So i need to step my ass into high gear and pump out Blogs, like its my job!

Anyway this blog is going to be about something I am reading in another class, that something is going to be...The Book of Lost Things, written by John Connolly. Well this Book is pretty awesome. I was assigned this reading for my Sci-Fi class, and I am fully enjoying all the novels i have read for that class. To be honest I am not much of a reader, I don't just pick up a book in my spare time and sit down to read it. Generally, I'm either working, or working out, or partying... And by partying i mean playing video games, or at a bar. Anyway, this book has me sitting home and reading instead of going out. Its about this boy David, who has a great imagination. He has featured much loss in his life and is a damn depressed kid. Anyway David the main character hears the voice of his mother calling him from another "world", so he follows the voice and is now stuck in this other world which is fueled by his imagination. In this story he meets characters from fairy tales and other books he has read.

This book is awesome, it reads very very well, and it also ties in other fairy tales. *e.x little red riding hood, snow white(& the eight dwarfs), Hansel and Gretel. The book is clever and a must read. Once you pick it up, you can not put it down. WARNING. Anyway, I'm probably going to read another book or two by John Connolly. So check his other works out and if none strike your eye... Read Book of lost things.http://www.johnconnollybooks.com/

1 comment:

A Quinlan said...

1. The book sounds fantastic.

2. You aren't screwed. Just keep posting!