Thursday, October 2, 2008

Abstraction Poem

This was the poem I read in class, if u have any questions or comments how to make it better, Let me know.


Frustration/ Aggravation


Since the time I was four,
My motto has been “No More.”
An splendid thing, a friend of mine,
Was no friend, a foe indeed
Velcro I say was better then any stringy line
I’d pull and hear that chreeaacchhh sound,
But on this day I said, “No More!”
I took the lines that swirled like snakes,
I crossed them, went under, looped, pulled and swooped
What happened? Much to my chagrin I was duped!
Or was it loop, swoop and pull..
I grabbed the spaghetti looking laces like an angry bull
“ You will trick me, No MORE!”, I said this time with a devilish grin.
I grabbed the snakes and breathed real deep,
I looped them, swooped them, and pulled them a lot,
Until I had a quadruple double knot!
I am the king. Who silenced the beast on top of my feet
I am in the ring. Yea the kid to beat.
But when I tried to get these devils off my feet,
They would not budge, they would not move.
They won’t untie… I said, “NO MORE!!!”
“ MOOOOOOMMMMM”

No comments: