Thursday, October 23, 2008

A piece that Saved my Life....

Alrighty, I have been sitting here thinking about a piece of writing, poem, story, or book that has changed my life. Well, to be honest I think the word ~SAVED~ is a little dramatic.

However, I have read one piece work that has ...ChAnGeD... my life.

This book, was written by Bill Wilson. If anybody reads this, (which probably wont happen) you are asking yourself who Bill Wilson is. If by chance you do know who Bill W, is then his book has probably helped you in your life as well. His book has been referred to as the "Big Book."
This is rather a personal issue which I don't want to get too in depth with, so let me just say a few good things about Bill. His work was the first of its kind. His book was made to help other who suffered from problems like his. He might have been one of the most influential men of all times. In my opinion, he has helped more men and women in the world than any other person.
At the time I read his book I was 18, I had just dropped out of college, started working construction, and was constantly kicked out of my house. I was on a one way track to a life of depression, destruction, and/or certain death. One Christmas I had an Epiphany. Which is the basis for one of my Fiction stories. (the events are not all true). Anyway, I am not entirely comfortably talking about this more, via Blogger.com. So, if you would like to know more about what Bill Wilson did, click on the link below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_W.

1 comment:

A Quinlan said...

That book has been a real life-saver for millions. Great choice, great post. AQ