Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fiction Writing

Where to begin. Well I read a few other blogs, and it turns out that the ones I read just used the conflict aspect in fiction writing or some wrote about their troubles in poetry. When it comes down to it I am rather confused on what to write, but that might just be a reflection of me not being able to write fiction stories. I am more a poetry writer and when i do write fiction, unfortunately I don't write it for "big boys." So I guess my conflict in fiction writing, is coming up with ideas that seem suitable for a college level class. The majority of every ones stories are very mysterious and engaged in life stories, or what not. Then my fiction story was about an 11 year old on Halloween. THAT'S NOT ENTERTAINING, to anyone else. As i mentioned with my James Joyce blog, I am big on the entertainment factor. I'm not Socrates, I'm not sending secret messages about life in my writing. I want to entertain people with my writing. I want them to pick it up and just feel satisfied in reading it. They don't need to search the story for the hidden meaning. I guess that is why I enjoy writing to younger age group. It is easier to write to just entertain at that age level. So, I guess my fiction conflict is that I have trouble writing fiction for adults. The question i have then is: How do I find enjoyment and find what to write about for adult readers.

No comments: