Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Poetry Prompts

I had a little trouble finding the poetry prompts at first on the Big window site. So I apologize for the late blog. In any case, now that I have read through them I have found some that I find very interesting. Nine out of Ten times I would prefer to write poetry over fiction. However, I still can run out of fresh ideas for poetry and I find myself writing about the same things. That's where poetry prompts come in. I really like some of these poetry prompts because they can bring in a fresh piece of work. Here are some I enjoyed.

http://theothermother.typepad.com/bigwindow/2008/03/open-35.html
In this prompt you construct a poem completely out of questions. For this prompt i chose to think about the season Fall. And start of with a general question, like; Why do your leaves fall so graciously? From there you can ask a billion questions pertaining to the fall.

http://theothermother.typepad.com/bigwindow/2007/03/open.html
The whole idea of this post is really fun. Write a poem using the name of a breakfast cereal as the title. Thats just really fun, what better time to do this when sitting down eating a big bowl of Fruit Loops, or Smacks.

http://theothermother.typepad.com/bigwindow/2004/11/open_10.html
This poetry prompt I found particularly awsome. Whats better to start creativity then cutting it in half?? this means no Periods, Commas, and half the Alphabet! This execerise was very itneresting, except mine was rather disturbing.

1 comment:

A Quinlan said...

Glad you got to the prompts--and even tried a few. Keep writing and speaking up in class! And don't forget to blog about fiction now....